BRP Discontinues Evinrude Outboards

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

BRP Discontinues Evinrude Outboards

Postby Dmog » Thu May 28, 2020 8:48 am

Passing along the latest victim of COVID-19. Looks like Mercury will be picking up servicing of the Evinrudes.

https://www.outdoorsfirst.com/article/b ... hnologies/
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: BRP Discontinues Evinrude Outboards

Postby orhunter » Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

This sucks. Heard an unsubstantiated rumor a few days ago and everyone poo pooed it. Sounded very far fetched.

I've got a 150 E-Tec bolted to the back of a 22' River Wild sled, hell of a motor. Run circles around every other 150 or 200 on the market.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dmog » Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Yep, I have a 115hp Etec on a 3500 lb fiberglass deck boat that surprises me with its power. I didn't have an Evinrude dealer nearby so service won't effect me too much. May even help me but I sure have been eyeing the newer Etec 150's and so this isn't good news to me.
You never have to tell a dog what time to be home, give them the keys, and they never ask for money.
Dmog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JONOV » Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Dmog wrote:Passing along the latest victim of COVID-19. Looks like Mercury will be picking up servicing of the Evinrudes.

https://www.outdoorsfirst.com/article/b ... hnologies/

Blaming it on Covid-19 may make it easier for the CEO and CFO to explain to the BRP Board of Directors, but they've been on the ropes for awhile. It may have hastened their demise a little bit but the writing was on the wall when Mercury came out with their new line of engines. And, unlike Mercury, they didn't have the advantage of having Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Lund, etc, owned by the parent company as a guaranteed availability of transoms. Aside from a few Bass Boats the only ones I see with new Evinrudes are older boats (repowers.) I can't name one top boat seller (by volume) that offers them.
JONOV
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to General Discussion