Should dogs outside the standard be bred?

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Should dogs outside the standard be bred?

Postby hicntry » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:24 pm

The staghounds were someone else' that put needed to make them tough enough for the fight. By using my dogs he got the fight without the loss of a lot of speed. I didn't run coyotes except when they presented themselves. LOL I also didn't pick the body style they ended up with. I needed dogs that could push fast game and it took three generation of pushing them a lot of miles over a mixture of terrain to pick my breeding stock. They evolved to what they ended up because that is the form the function said what was the best for the job. Several generations is what picked the form. They just are not suitable to walk the show room floor.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Breeding