Future WPG litter inquiries, what should I be asking?

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Future WPG litter inquiries, what should I be asking?

Postby ABurkdoll » Sun May 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Man what an awful time I had Saturday. Jack opened his home up to my brother and me and Kyle brought his two griffs that I was able to observe. Worst of all Jack's wife cooked us breakfast after we finished training.

Two stand up guys with exceptional dogs for sure. Great learning experience to see Jack's PP girl and Kyle's two griff females.
ABurkdoll
Started
Started

Postby Meridiandave » Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm

ABurkdoll wrote:Man what an awful time I had Saturday. Jack opened his home up to my brother and me and Kyle brought his two griffs that I was able to observe. Worst of all Jack's wife cooked us breakfast after we finished training.

Two stand up guys with exceptional dogs for sure. Great learning experience to see Jack's PP girl and Kyle's two griff females.

If you are hangin out with people who have Stoney Ridge dogs and can get one of them, why go any further?
Meridiandave
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby ABurkdoll » Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am

Meridiandave wrote:
ABurkdoll wrote:Man what an awful time I had Saturday. Jack opened his home up to my brother and me and Kyle brought his two griffs that I was able to observe. Worst of all Jack's wife cooked us breakfast after we finished training.

If you are hangin out with people who have Stoney Ridge dogs and can get one of them, why go any further?

Just doing my due diligence right now, at this point I've only seen 3 griffs in person. I do a lot of duck hunting so that's going to be a big emphasis in my search.
Last edited by ABurkdoll on Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABurkdoll
Started
Started

Postby AverageGuy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 am

Really easy to land on a great DD for waterfowl work. Very consistent and available breed.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Austin,

It was good having you come out. Spring and Summer is when we get together often on Saturdays for training. I know it is kind of a drive for you, but I mean it when I said you and your brother, Alex, can come out any of those Saturday's.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ABurkdoll » Wed May 16, 2018 1:34 pm

AverageGuy wrote:Really easy to land on a great DD for waterfowl work. Very consistent and available breed.

I'm pretty set on a griff but I'll admit I haven't done enough research on DDs or GWPs. They are on my radar though.
ABurkdoll
Started
Started

Postby ABurkdoll » Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm

JTracyII wrote:

Austin,

It was good having you come out. Spring and Summer is when we get together often on Saturdays for training. I know it is kind of a drive for you, but I mean it when I said you and your brother, Alex, can come out any of those Saturday's.

Thank you Jack, we will be coming out for sure.
ABurkdoll
Started
Started

Postby AverageGuy » Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 pm

ABurkdoll wrote:
AverageGuy wrote:Really easy to land on a great DD for waterfowl work. Very consistent and available breed.

I'm pretty set on a griff but I'll admit I haven't done enough research on DDs or GWPs. They are on my radar though.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21496
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion