North Idaho Ingenuity

General Sporting Dog Discussion

Moderator: Moderator Pack

North Idaho Ingenuity

Postby RowdyGSP » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 pm

You might be a redneck if your decoy weights look like this... I had two lonely drake wigeon decoys that had no weights on them. I had the decoys and Tanglefree line, but no weights left. So, I took the two plastic ducks down to my work bench to see what I could come up with. Here are the results. I am sure everyone is going to be asking if I am selling these top-of-the-line weights and I can assure you that production for public sale is already in the works and I will have plenty available before October. 100% custom decoy weights in the sense that no two weights look exactly alike or weigh exactly the same. Taking orders now.

"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: North Idaho Ingenuity

Postby Bigearl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Heck yeah! I have several goose decoys weighted with rebar I welded together and some with old widow weights I cut down to size. Yeah to hell with paying $2 a piece for 4 oz lead sinkers in town.
Bigearl
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby LongHammer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Nice work! We can work out a trade decoy weights for a duck plucker/ skinner/juicer!
Before I got weights for all mine I would have one Texas rigged with the next one daisy chained to it.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby RowdyGSP » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:55 pm

LongHammer wrote:Nice work! We can work out a trade decoy weights for a duck plucker/ skinner/juicer!
Before I got weights for all mine I would have one Texas rigged with the next one daisy chained to it.

No way I want a part of that plucker/skinner apparatus of yours! My fingers have enough to worry about with conibears, without throwing in that death machine of yours into the mix.
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 pm

I trimmed them plucking fingers down an inch and a half and she tamed right down. Now you might only lose the odd fingernail now and again.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to General Discussion